We are looking for a Festival programmer | Freelance/ZZP | Deadline for reactions: 29-09-2021
Imagine has been THE festival for fantastic cinema in the Netherlands for over 30 years. Over the years it has grown into a broad festival showing the best of fantasy, science-fiction, horror, anime, martial arts and cult. Next to this, Imagine has theme programmes, a section for professionals and ‘Imagine Expanded’, in which we explore other digital forms of fantastic fiction.
The programming team exists of the festival director and a team of freelancers. Together they watch over 400 feature films and just as many shorts, and develop thematic programmes plus festival specials – with a great deal of creative freedom.
The work spans the entire year and contains research, watching movies and attending monthly programme-meetings. The main focus of the work is between February and October, with a peak between May and July and the end of August until the start of November. Programmers are paid on a freelance basis.
We are currently looking for an experienced festival programmer to add to the team. Are you someone who:
- Has thorough, broad knowledge of fantastic cinema (including tv series);
- Has several years of relevant programming experience;
- Has a broad cultural interest outside of the fantastic and is able to connect different disciplines;
- Has a network of talent, filmmakers, curators and other professionals;
- Is passionate and curious and has a nose for new, exciting things;
- Is able to work under pressure and never misses a deadline;
- Has an analytical mind and is able to express their ideas in a clear manner;
- Speaks and writes English with ease;
- Is willing to work evenings and weekends every now and then in the run-up to and during the festival;
- Enjoys doing introductions, interviews and Q&A’s during the festival.
We would love to hear from you!
Imagine celebrates and encourages diversity in every way, whether it’s about education, societal views, age, gender, sexual preference or beliefs. We want to reflect this in our team, and especially encourage candidates with a bi-cultural background or a background that is underrepresented in the Dutch cultural field, to make themselves known.
If this description speaks to you, send us an email to let us know why you should become Imagine’s new programmer.
Send your motivation and cv to email@example.com
Questions? Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for reactions: Wednesday September 29th, 17:00 CET.